DREAM IT Hiking with Kids Northern California: 42 Great Hikes for Families features concise descriptions and detailed maps for 40+ easy-to-follow hikes in Northern California that allow families to spend time together in nature.
PLAN IT Hiking with Kids Northern California provides tips, advice and information needed to plan a winning day hike:
- Diverse and engaging kid-friendly hikes across Northern California
- Full-color photos and maps, detailed trail descriptions, and trailhead GPS
- Time-saving hike overviews and details on distance, difficulty, terrain and fun facts
DO IT Northern California is home to diverse geography and this guide describes many family-friendly hikes that allow children to fall in love with the outdoors.
- Find hikes that engage children with water features, rock scrambles and native wildlife
- Experience diverse terrain that challenges, rewards, and leaves children wanting more
- Take it all in, whether savoring a colorful sunset or splashing in a swimming hole
About the Author
Heather Balogh Rochfort is a full-time mama to two-year-old Liliana. Together, they love exploring new trails with other outdoor mothers. In her free time, she is also a full-time freelance writer specializing in the outdoor and travel industries. For work, Balogh Rochfort contributes to publications like Backpacker, Outside, Men's Journal, The Washington Post, Parents, The Red Bulletin, and more. She is a soon-to-be thrice published author (her third book, co-authored with her husband, launches in Spring 2020). Her second book, Women Who Hike, released through Falcon in June 2019. She routinely appears on The Weather Channel as their outdoor expert and has appeared on podcasts like Frommer's Travel Show and She Explores. Balogh Rochfort lives in Denver, Colorado with her husband, daughter, and geriatric mutt.