Grow a Year's Worth of Food for Your Family Do something good for your loved ones by learning how to plant a garden that will yield wholesome, organic fruits and vegetables in surprisingly less space than you would think. Melissa K. Norris, fifth-generation homesteader and host of the popular Pioneering Today podcast, walks you through each step of the process, including how to
- decide which food crops are best for your area and family
- plan your garden to maximize the space you have
- protect your garden from common pests and diseases naturally
- determine when your fruits and vegetables are ready to be harvested
- improve soil health with simple techniques like crop rotation and backyard composting
About the Author
Melissa K. Norris inspires people's faith and pioneer roots with old-fashioned skill sets and wisdom featured in her books, podcast, and blog. She is the author of The Made-from-Scratch Life and Hand Made. Melissa lives with her husband and two children in their own little house in the big woods in the foothills of the North Cascade Mountains. When she's not wrangling chickens and cattle, you can find her stuffing Mason jars with homegrown food and playing with flour and sugar in the kitchen.