Ponder On It, Pilgrims: The Bucolic Mark Twain on Critter Councils, Cookie Bandits, and Texas Grit (Paperback)
Not On Our Shelves Now (Usually Ships in 1-5 Days)
Texas Grit, Critter Councils, and Cookie Bandits from a real life cowboy who lives on top of Round Mountain.
Charles Hamm is the common sense we are all missing in this upside-down world. This World-class storyteller extraordinaire invites you to sit down for a spell and helps you ponder on your own life and see the world with new eyes.Meet the Round Mountain Critter Council Members:
- Thelma, the doe-eyed matriarch
- Spuds, who leads from the rear
- Rex, a nimble coyote with his nose to ground
- Rocco, a direct descendant of Davy Crockett's coonskin cap is unmatched.
- The way I see it, there are just two kinds of people in this world. Folks who hunt and fish, and folks who kill and catch.
- Wisdom is born of knowledge and experience. However, knowledge and experience will not necessarily make one wise.
- Be careful what you wish for. Folks who like war stories most likely don't have their own to tell.
- Be Smarter Than the Acorn: The way I see it, there ain't but two ways to git to the top of a big white oak tree. Ya ain't gotta be real bright to figure it out. You can climb it or sit on an acorn and wait.
- Never let the skivvies you wore today smell up your tomorrow.
- Look here boys and girls. You can't keep negative, toxic, angry, offensive, or insulting people out of your life. But you can keep them out of your head.
- You're Only As Good as Your Tools: A knife that won't cut isn't worth much.