1. My Brilliant Friend, Elena Ferrante
2. Brief History of Seven Killings, Marlon James
3. Last Kind Words Saloon, Larry McMurtry
4. Narrow Road to the Deep North, Richard Flanagan
5. Americanah, Chimmananda Adichie
1. Wise Aging, Rachel Cowan
2. When Women Were Birds, Terry Tempest Williams
3. Gratitude, Oliver Sacks
4. Between the World and Me, Ta-Nehisi Coates
5. My Life on the Road, Gloria Steinem
We thank this year’s book angels for gifting about 350 books to children in West Marin. It's a big job, one the bookstore could not possibly accomplish without the help of Loretta Farley, the #1 book angel. Loretta not only collects all the lists of kids’ name from the schools and West Marin Community Services, but she wraps every single book herself. We are so grateful for her dedication to this program as well as that of Dawn Steiner, who coordinates all the book purchases for the store.
Loretta Farley, Book Archangel
in Point Reyes
Save the date: Point Reyes Books will host Isabel Allende for a special reading and presentation to benefit the Dance Palace on Saturday, April 16. Watch our website for details.
Community Supported Bookstore
Our CSB (Community Supported Bookstore) program helps Point Reyes Books navigate the crests and troughs of running a small operation while giving you a real stake in our continuing success as a sustainable and productive local business. Purchase a membership for $150 or more to use against your future purchases. You’ll get special member benefits, including a 5% discount on book purchases.